Terms & Conditions
1. Check in time is from 3.00pm unless by prior arrangement. Please phone Eden Cloete on 076 516 1337 to arrange your check in time. Please try to check in before 4.30 pm or special arrangements will need to be made. Check in will take place in our office, in the High Street. Afterwards we’ll lead you to the property to get you familiar with the property. Our address is: Shop 3, Centre du Franschhoek, 23 Huguenot Road(almost opposite NedBank), Franschhoek. Our shop is signed “Fine and Country”. Our Office hours: Mon. – Fri. : 09:00 – 17:00, Sat.: 10:00 – 16:00
2. Check out time (including return of keys) is no later than 10.00 am unless by prior arrangement. Late check out will result in a fee of R200 per hour or part thereof.
3. The number of persons using the property must not exceed the number of guests stated on the booking form. For bookings of 2 people or less, linen for one bedroom only will be available unless by prior arrangement. For any extra guest, we charge R450 per night and for extra bedding we charge R75 per set.
4. The owner of the property or his agent is to be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
5. Use of the premises, including use of the swimming pool, is entirely at the guests own risk. The owners and their agents accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the premises by the guests.
6. No glass or glass bottles are to be used in or around the swimming pool. Please do not remove the pool hover (barracuda) from the pool – the motor will burn out. It is designed to stay in the pool permanently and does not bite!
7. The guests agree to keep the property and contents in the same state of repair and condition and to leave the premises in the same state of general order in which it was found. The guests agree to pay for any repairs/cleaning/replacement cost or unreasonable untidiness.
8. Please don’t use bathroom towels by the pool, please use the pool towels provided.
9. NO smoking is allowed IN the property. If you smoke anywhere in the property an amount of R2500 will be debited from your credit card. If you do smoke in the property the owner’s agents have the right to require you to vacate the property before the end of your stay. You will remain liable for the full cost of your stay and no refund will be paid.
10. Use of Property: Unless otherwise agreed prior to booking, the property may only be used as private rental accommodation and not for any photographic or film location work or as a venue for any function, wedding, party or event involving anyone other than those guests entitled to sleep at the property notified to Franschhoek Cottages on booking. Where Franschhoek Cottages becomes aware of any unauthorized use of the property it shall be entitled to require such usage to cease immediately or terminate the rental and require guest to leave. In these circumstances Franschhoek Cottages may also be entitled to charge an additional fee for the unauthorized event such fee to be calculated reasonably at its discretion depending on the nature of the event and to be recovered if necessary from the security deposit.
11. Note our Cancellation Policy:
3+ months prior to scheduled arrival – full refund of deposit. 1-3 months prior to scheduled arrival – 50% of deposit will be refunded (unless a replacement booking is found). 1 month or less prior to scheduled arrival – there will beno refund (unless a replacement booking is found.) All refunds will be net of bank and /or credit card fees incurred.
In accordance with EAAB requirements your deposit and balance will be held in our trust account until you arrive when it will be released to the owner of the property. You agree that 50% of the interest accruing in respect of your deposit and balance will be paid to the EAAB in accordance with EAAB regulations and the balance retained by Franschhoek Cottages.
12. Important, please note:
From 1 June 2015, all passengers under 18 must travel with an Unabridged Birth Certificate, showing the particulars of both parents, when entering/exiting South Africa. Children travelling with only one parent further require:
- an affidavit in which the absent parent gives consent for the child to travel; or
- a court order granting full parental responsibilities or legal guardianship of the child; or
- the death certificate of the absent parent.
Children travelling with a person other than a parent further require:
- affidavits from the parents/legal guardians confirming that the child may travel with that person; and
- copies of ID documents/passports of the parents/legal guardian; and
- contact details of the parents/legal guardian.
13. Any charges relating to breach of the above conditions by the guests will be made by Franschhoek Cottages using the credit card imprint as authorized below. If these conditions conflict with any advertisement for the property, these conditions prevail.